I offer several types of classes for individuals, as well as group sessions and trial runs so you
can get a feel for the glass and see how much fun it will be.
Introductory Workshop - 4 hours: $20.00 - Come for a fun introduction to fusing and slumping.
Learn about glass and various techniques while making some take-home projects.
Intro Workshop is fun to take by yourself, or in a group such as Birthday Parties, Girls' Night
Out, Bridal & Baby Showers, Date Night Fun, Family Fun Night, Dinner Groups/Parties,
Parents or Grandparents/Child Night Out, Employer Holiday Parties. $20.00/person/4 hours.
Drop-In Experience - $20.00/ includes firing, guidance and ideas. After taking the intro class,
drop-in and create projects of your choice. Bring your own glass and use my kilns and
studio supplies. A limited amount of (glass) supplies may be provided if needed.
Beginner Class - $40.00 per 4-hour class. Six courses designed in a progressive format.
You can come alone, or sign-up for class as a group. Make great projects using knowledge
from each class. Projects of your choice.
- Class 1 - All about glass and cutting techniques, including how to cut glass by hand and by machines.
- Class 2 - Color theory : Make a glass color wheel and learn about color schemes as well as the 11 point gray scale.
- Class 3 - Liquid class: Learn how to use five different kinds of liquid glass. All cold liquid glass pens. Also, learn how to use glass on paper to cut or punch out designs.
- Class 4 - Powders and frit: Learn how to use powdered glass and small pieces of glass called frit for texture.
- Class 5 - Fiber paper: Learn how to use many thicknesses of fiber paper to make pass throughs, pendant bails, and embossing techniques.
- Class 6 - Molds: Learn how to make your own molds for glass projects five different ways.
- Class 7 - Using dichroic glass: Learn many tricks to using glass that reflects one color and transmits another. Also, learn how to etch dichroic glass.
- Class 8 - Pattern bars: Learn several ways to make a loaf of glass. Then slice it to make pieces to decorate your project.
After each class you receive one $5 class ( 4 hours to work on your project.) That's 8 hours for $45.
Specialized and Group Classes
- Advanced class offerings available.
- Scout Groups - Earn 3 badges. Free classes for leaders.
- Home-Schooling Classes - State Standards for school credit.
Special Accommodations -
Credit for discount and free classes can be earned by helping "teach" during "Art-on-a cart" day.
Art-on-a-Cart Class - This class is designed for individuals or groups. Everyone can participate! I can bring my portable studio to hospitals, pre-schools, assisted living centers, rehabilitation centers, etc. This class is designed for groups or individuals that are unable to come to my home studio and would like to see what can be created, using my materials and expertise. After your art is assembled, I take it home to fire and return the finished pieces to you.